Thursday, November 16, 2006

Concerning my doubts about ministry due to my dependencies on the support of certain persons.

galatians 1...

10Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
15But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, 17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus.

When God called Paul into ministry, he was not held back by the thoughts, opinions, or apathies of those he may have usually consulted for advice or those whose opinions he respected, but instead he cared only for the opinion of his God- this was and is the only opinion that matters. Of course, we oftentimes seek the opinion of such people for confirmation, but who are they and who are we to say that we know the criteria our God has for those He calls? Only He knows our hearts and even though we may not think ourselves smart enough, or passionate enough, or even good enough, we do not know what He has planned for us- and if we follow this call we are in His hands and He will shape us.


ps if you're reading this it's probably not about you.

No comments: